London Fashion Week

This past week has been insanely fun, not to mention exhausting. I started off this 5-day long event by being a part of Fabryan's 2-day exhibit. I've been the designer's assistant for about a month now and the press launch was thankfully a success! PR representatives, magazines, and even WGSN was there. So happy for Samantha-Jane, the designer. The next event was helping backstage as a dresser for the Ashley Isham fashion show at Free Mason's Hall. We were busy packing and doing last minute tasks at the studio before booking 2 cabs to bring all the garments and necessities down to the venue. Being backstage is indeed stressful, and throughout the show it was total frenzy! Being a dresser is so not easy. Nonetheless, the show went really well and I was very happy to work alongside my old flatemate from halls last year and my current flatmate, Hannah.

Fabryan press launch at Strand Gallery




Backstage at Ashley Isham. I do apologise for the bad quality photos coming from my Iphone 

Lookboards for each model



The finale outfit for Ashley Isham's is incredible! Check out the full collection on Vogue's website.

Not only did I manage to be behind the scenes and help out 2 designers, with the generosity of a friend, I scored some tickets to a couple of digital presentation/catwalks. 

Haizhen Wang AW14. I simply adore the houndstooth print and coats from this collection.


LFW day 3 @ Free Mason's Hall. The Taiwanese designer, Apu Jan, had interesting prints and head accessories. However, I wasn't a fan of the knitwear pieces.


Sunday's look. Thank heavens for a sunny day with minimal wind and NO RAIN in London.

There was the morning show (Apu Jan), an afternoon show and the last of the day was Kristian Aadnevik at night. Venue was at the posh Royal Horseguards Hotel, with a before-show drinks reception.

Beautiful piece. Bad photo. I am sorry.

Really enjoyed this show, inclduing the hair and make up

The day after, I left the house slightly earlier to have a catch up coffee session with Alex at Somerset House, since she was there do shoot some street style shots. 

Street-style photographer blogs at Pixie-City

The much anticipated David Koma collection! Was looking forward to seeing this ALL weekend. I have seen him at an event sometime last year when he was one of the guests speakers to talk about the 'Ins and Outs of omni-channel'. 

Solid colours, with a play of textures such as leather panels, and structured silhouettes. Love it. Finale piece was worn by Kinga Rajzak, one of my favourite models. I just love her look so much.


That day's details with invitation card in hand

The fashion week buzz is over and it's back to university course work and reports to research on. Oh, kill me.


Follow me

5 comments:

Jill Barry said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I love all the runway looks.

x. jill
beck daily

Anastasia from Natbeesfashion said...

Wish I was there! xx

Sophie Ruffell said...

Awww looks amazing Charis!
Lucky you :)

DarlingSophie

Marion Bertorello said...

Great Post !
Kisses my sweetie <3

http://www.theladyjersey.com

Ivana Petrovic said...

Great post - glad you had fun!
Like A Harte

 

Blog Top Sites

You are number

Click right arrow for older posts

.

Search This Blog

Loading...